The International Quantum Cascade Laser School and Workshop 2024 celebrates 30 years since the first Quantum Cascade Laser was switched on by Federico Capasso’s group at Bell Labs, USA. Since then, a vast array of developments, new devices, scientific achievements and technological applications have been pursued, with an ever-increasing impact in a number of fields. This edition of the Conference represents a unique opportunity to report on the most recent breakthroughs, summoning top scientists in the field and paving the way to new directions from basic science to novel applications.
This unique forum will address fundamental physics, emerging applications in photonics and quantum technologies, as well as breakthrough applications of Quantum Cascade Lasers. It will foster broad international participation, including an industrial exhibition representing the technological achievements as well as tutorial sessions to launch the next generation of QCL scientists.
Meet Nobel Prize awarded Prof. T. W. Hänsch
in the second part of the Workshop!
• Device physics and modeling
• Material systems and Growth
• Comb emission, control, characterization and applications
• Novel waveguides, resonators, and cavities: e.g. rings, microcavities, external
• Integrated photonics and heterogeneous integration
• High power / high efficiency devices
• Terahertz emitting devices
• Short wavelength and long wavelength limits
• Interband Cascade Lasers
• Linewidth stability and frequency noise
• Beam shaping and steering
• Non-linear effects
• Quantum Technologies (Sensing, Metrology, Information, Simulation, Computing)
• Novel systems and phenomena
• Applications: imaging, sensing, metrology, communication…
• Commercial prospects